Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Deadheading & Some New Annuals

So today I did my weekly weeding and deadheading of my pansies. I am wondering if I should start cutting them back, however. They seem to be sprawling quite a bit. I have read you can cut back the foliage and it will regenerate, but I don't know if I want to go that long without blooms! I will have to look again and see if I can cut them back without cutting off the buds.


I bought a few new annuals to start filling in the gaps while I wait for my new perennials to get here. I also set out my Cosmos and Lobelia seedlings for the first time to harden before transplanting them into the bed. I want to get them into the ground soon, as they are, unfortunately, starting to look a little sickly.


I noticed today that I have a bunch of new tulips getting ready to pop open, however, they are still green, so I can't tell which ones they are. With my Barcelonas, I could tell early on because the bud was so pink. These new ones are going to be a surprise, I suppose, for a while longer, at least.

And last, but not least, I wanted to take a progress picture of my beautiful Barcelonas...I am already getting sad for when they start to die off. They are just so pretty!

No comments: