Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Friends

A picture of my newly planted annuals. I am, by no means, done, since I plan to eventually fill up the whole bed with perennials and annuals, but I can only do so many at a time, and, of course, once they are in, I will probably rearrange them until I am happy with the layout, but these are the ones I planted two days ago.

12 pink Snapdragons









6 hot pink Dianthus









12 light lavender Pansies (in honor of my mom's birthday!)









They are tiny right now, but I'm hoping they spread like my fall pansies have. Pretty sad, but it took me a good couple of hours to get them all in the ground. My perennials should be arriving within the next week or two, and I can't wait! I will probably have to rearrange some of the bushes (they came with the house) to be able to put them in where I want them, and hopefully my Cosmos will be able to be put into the ground around the same time. Of course, I will post pictures of my progress.

2 comments:

Jody Zimmer said...

i love your blogs. i just wrote one about house plants on my blog. you need to check it out. its jodykzimmer.blogspot.com - my sister in law is a horticulture major and has got me hooked on plants. i'll write you an email. it was so good to hear from you. but don't forget to check out my blog. tell will hi for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous to see all the color, we're still trapped in grey darkness, but hopefully things will start sprouting!